Apache released Flex 4.11 on Oct 28. some improvement for DataGrid, AdvancedDataGrid, BitmapImage.
What’s new in Apache Flex v4.11.0?
The Apache Flex 4.11.0 SDK allows application developers to build expressive web and mobile applications using MXML for layout and ActionScript 3, an ECMAScript based language for client-side scripting.
The Apache Flex 4.11.0 release contains many improvements that professional software development teams will appreciate. This advances the framework forward. It is truly one of the best cross-platform programming languages used to write applications that are testable and can be compiled to run on multiple technology platforms from a single set of code.
Apache Flex 4.11.0 highlights include:
- Support Flash Player 11.9.
- Support for AIR 3.9.
- 120 and 640 dpi mobile resolution/skin support, fixes to 480dpi skins.
- mx:AdvancedDataGrid and mx:DataGrid speed improvements.
- Added column sort type access to the datagrid columns in mx:Datagrid, s:Datagrid, and mx:AdvancedDataGrid.
- Able to easily change mx:AdvancedDataGrid row and column item renderer spanning.
- s:DataGridEditor will now be visible in ASDocs and be visible in the Tag inspector.
- Minor changes to make SDK compile with Falcon compiler.
- Added access to imageDecodingPolicy in BitmapImage.
- Changed UIComponent removedFromStageHandler from private to protected to allow override
- New experimental mobile spark datagrid.
- Updated OSMF swc to latest version (2.0)
- Renamed experimental supportClazzes package to be supportClasses.
- Mobile Callout moved to spark and can be used in Desktop and Browser apps.
- Support for [Experimental] metadata tag.
- Over 50 bugs/issues were closed with this release
For more information on Apache Flex, visit the project home page:
// Proudly powered by Apache, PHP, MySQL, WordPress, Bootstrap, etc,.